7 Best Audible Converters for Windows/Mac (Recommended)
Although Audible allows you to download the purchased Audible audiobooks for offline playback, you can only enjoy them within Audible or just using iTunes because of Audible DRM encryption. Hence, if you want to play Audible audiobooks in more flexible ways on any device without Audible or iTunes installed, an Audible converter is needed.
So in this review, we have tested and collected the 7 best Audible converters for Mac and Windows, in order to help you strip DRM encryption and convert Audible books to MP3 for streaming without limitations, like in Audible or iTunes only. Now, simply compare them and choose the best Audible converter to help
Select by thousands of users, the best Audible converter for Mac/Windows with powerful DRM decryption and format conversion functionality is recommended as MuConvert Audible Converter, which ensures high speed (up to 60X faster) and well-preserved lossless audio quality to convert Audible books to MP3 for you. Get its free credits to download your favorite audiobooks now!
Comparison of 7 Best Audible Converters
|Supported OS||Supported Output Format||iTunes Required||Conversion Speed||ID3 Tags and Chapters||Parameters Adjustment||Easy Operation||Pricing||Rating|
|MuConvert Audible Converter||Windows, Mac||MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV||❌||60X||✅||✅||✅||From only US$12.99 (Free credits provided)||😊😊😊😊😊|
|Epubor Audible Converter||Windows, Mac||MP3, M4B||❌||60X||✅||❌||✅||From US$22.99||😊😊😊😊|
|ViWizard Audio Converter||Windows, Mac||MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, and WAV||❌||30X||✅||✅||✅||From US$9.95||😊😊😊😊|
|AudKit Audible Converter||Windows, Mac||MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, FLAC, AC3, WMA, WAV, M4R, MKA, OGG, AIFF, etc.||❌||60X||✅||✅||✅||From US$14.95||😊😊😊😊|
|OpenAudible||Windows, Mac, Linux||MP3, M4B, M4A||✅||1X||✅||❌||❌||From US$12||😊😊😊|
|InAudible Converter||Windows, Mac||MP3, FLAC||❌||30X||✅||✅||❌||Free||😊😊😊|
|AAX Audio Converter||Windows||MP3, M4A, and M4B||❌||1X||✅||❌||✅||Free||😊😊😊|
4 Best Audible Converters for Windows/Mac
Top 1: MuConvert Audible Converter 💡
With the largest user group from around the globe, MuConvert Audible Converter should be the most ideal pick if you are seeking the best Audible converter for Mac and Windows. This software is able to provide a powerful help to remove DRM protection and batch convert Audible books to MP3 at the least 60X faster speed. Meanwhile, it will maintain lossless quality and preserve full ID3 as well as chapter info for all audiobooks for you without loss.
Additionally, its helpful built-in splitting feature also enables you to trim a long audiobook into short clips for even faster outputting to boost higher efficiency.
Main Features of MuConvert Audible Converter
- Powerful DRM decryption feature to unlock Audible limitations;
- 60X faster speed to process long audiobooks conversion in batch without wasting time;
- Convert Audible books to MP3, M4A, and more mainstream formats to transfer to any device for playback and preservation;
- Lossless audiobook quality maintained;
- Full ID3 tags and chapter info preservation;
- Built-in audiobook splitting tool to cut long audiobooks into smaller clips by chapters, segments, and time.
Further Reading: MuConvert Audible Converter Review: All Details Included
Top 2: Epubor Audible Converter
Another reliable Audible converter you can trust is Epubor Audible Converter. Like MuConvert Audible Converter, this software is also workable to remove DRM protection from the Audible audiobooks, and then convert them to common formats such as MP3 and M4B. Epubor Audible Converter has provided a simple interface, so you only need to take several easy steps to convert Audible books to MP3 with metadata and chapters info preserved.
Although it doesn’t allow users to freely adjust the quality to save the converted audiobooks, it can still keep good quality while processing the conversion and ensure a nice audiobooks playback experience for you. Hence, Epubor Audible Converter is also a reliable audiobook converter you are able to trust.
- Offers user-friendly UI to convert Audible audiobooks within easy steps
- Provides common formats to save converted audiobooks
- Offers 60X faster speed to process batch conversion quickly
- Supports splitting tool to cut Audible audiobooks by chapters
- Doesn’t need to install iTunes to process the audiobooks conversion
- No parameter settings provided to save converted Audible audiobooks
- The software needs to pay for using all its functions
- It only offers two formats to convert Audible books
Top 3: ViWizard Audio Converter
As one of the best Audible converters with good reputation, ViWizard Audio Converter also offers reliable service to help you process Audible books conversion to strip DRM encryption but with good quality preserved.
Compared with many other audiobook converters, ViWizard offers more mainstream formats to select outputting the protected AA/AA Audible books, including MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, and WAV, enabling you to enjoy the audiobook streaming on more devices with all installed media players without incompatibility.
- Offers very simple UI to help convert Audible books in quite simple way
- Offers more common formats to save converted audiobooks
- Supports up to 100X faster speed to finish the conversion
- Audio quality customization available to freely adjust as you desire
- Saves all metadata information with the downloaded audiobooks
- Your computer performance will be slower down when the software is converting the audiobooks
- Not free at all
Price: From US$9.95
Top 4: AudKit Audible Converter
You are also able to trust AudKit Audible Converter if you are considering the best Audible converter for Mac or Windows desktops. It will deliver the fastest 100X speed to process Audible books conversion for you, but won’t leave the quality behind.
Also, AudKit Audible Converter won’t require you to install Audible app for syncing first. After downloading Audible books from the official website, you then can drop them to the interface of the converter and then process the conversion without further account authorization anymore.
- No iTunes installation required
- Maintain original quality to convert Audible books
- Mainstream formats provided
- Preserve ID3 info for every converted Audible book
- Speedy performance at up to 100X faster
- Sometimes the conversion would be unstable and leading to unexpected errors
3 Best Free Audible Converter
Despite the 4 best Audible converters equipped with professional Audible conversion services, here are 3 more free audiobook converters with basic functionality provided, which are:
Top 5: OpenAudible
OpenAudible offers cross-platform services for Audible users to convert and manage audiobooks in quite a simple way. To increase Audible books compatibility, OpenAudible has provided M4B, MP3, and M4A formats to save the converted audiobooks for playback on more devices. Also, it helps to export the converted books to html, json, or spreadsheet for more flexible sharing.
Although the operation of the software will not be very complex, but as it contains more functions, the software interface can be confusing, and it will also take up higher CPU and drag down your computer efficiency. For users who only want a quick service to convert Audible books to MP3, it may not be a perfect pick.
- Supports Windows, Mac, Linux and more computer systems
- Offers professional Audible audiobooks manager to manage the resources conveniently
- Provides popular formats to convert Audible audiobooks
- Allows to share audiobooks in different easy ways
- Provides splitting and joining tools to cut or combine chapters at a fast speed
- Many functions may not be used by users who just want an Audible converter
- The confusing software interface would lead to higher learning curve
- No customer support is provided when you meet any usage problems
Top 6: InAudible Converter
Another free Audible converter available to remove DRM protection from Audible audiobooks and convert them to common formats should be InAudible Converter. As a freeware, it won’t cost you a penny to use the functions, enabling you to convert Audible books to MP3 within taps to play offline without using iTunes or the Audible app. But you should also notice that, to successfully process the Audible conversion within InAudible Converter, you will need to install extra software before getting started.
Although InAudible Converter delivers a classic interface, you will find that it is actually not difficult to operate. Unlike many other free audiobook converters lacking in the quality customization, this software offers transcoding options for you to select in requirements, including codec, bitrate, quality, and also sample rate, helping you to flexibly adjust your audiobooks listening experience offline.
- Offers free Audible audiobook conversion without any cost
- Provides common formats such as MP3, FLAC, and other options to download audiobooks from Audible
- Saves metadata information for each audiobook
- Supports fast speed to process the conversion without wasting time
- Doesn’t provide any customer support
- Unavailable to process multiple tasks simultaneously
Top 7: AAX Audio Converter
Don’t miss AAX Audio Converter, a completely free audiobook converter available to convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, M4A, and M4B files for transferring and streaming on any device without limitations. As a classic software running for years, AAX Audio Converter is still well compatible with not only the only Windows 7 systems, but also the Audible books encoded with the old AA format.
However, if you desire great efficiency, this software is not an ideal pick as it doesn’t support batch conversion and also lac of acceleration teches to speed up the process. Also, you will need to install .Net Framework 4.7.1 before processing Audible conversion with it.
- Compatible with both Audible AA and AAX audiobooks conversion;
- Available to preserve metadata info for every audiobook
- Mainstream formats like MP3, M4A, and M4B supported;
- Audiobook splitting feature equipped;
- Entirely free to use.
- Required to install Audible app;
- Only compatible with Windows systems;
- Slow Audible conversion speed.
Bonus Tip: How to Convert Audible Books to MP3
Finally, let’s also see how to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 using MuConvert Audible Converter now.
Step 1. Add Audible Audiobooks
When you have installed MuConvert Audible Converter and open the software, directly drag the Audible audiobooks you want to convert to MP3 to the interface.
Step 2. Set Parameters to Convert Audible Audiobooks
After adding the audiobooks, now go to “Menu”, then select “Setting” to enter “Preferences” for selecting MP3 as the output format. Also, you can choose the “SampleRate” as well as “Bitrate” based on your needs.
The splitting mode can also be turned on here if you want to split the audiobooks by chapter/segment/time.
Step 3. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3
Finally, just click “Convert All” and the added Audible audiobooks will all be converted to MP3 immediately for you quickly within MuConvert Audible Converter.