[Fixed] 6 Ways for Spotify App Not Responding on Windows/Mac
When the world has ushered in the multimedia era, more video and music streaming services advert to move the entertainment online. Spotify, being undoubtedly the best streaming music providers in the world, enjoys great reputation and a large number of loyal users from the globe as well. The great music playback quality, the abundant of latest music resources, and flexible music playback control all make Spotify a successful platform to stream music. Nevertheless, sometimes you may still run into the Spotify app not responding problem unexpectedly.
For giving a favor to assist you having better Spotify music streaming experience, this post has prepared 6 easy ways you can turn to when facing the Spotify app not responding circumstance on Windows/Mac. Need help? Get started with the first solution now!
Solution 1. Reboot Your Windows/Mac
To deal with the Spotify not responding happening from the background programs getting corrupted, the most effortless way to resolve it is by rebooting your Windows/Mac. This is a good idea to resolve many sudden errors without thinking around solutions. Since the computer is restarted, its systems and programs would run again in correct process, in that many sudden issues such as Spotify not responding would be easily figured out.
On Windows, simply press the windows menu and tap the power option to select Restart.
On Mac, click on the Apple menu, and there will be a Restart option provided to reboot the Mac.
Solution 2. Reset Network Settings of Your PC
Under certain circumstances, the network settings could cause the occurrence of Spotify not responding on PC. To resolve the sudden situation caused by this, you only need to disable the Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable at first, then turn it back on to let your device reconnecting to the network again. As you have completed this process, relaunch Spotify program and the issue could probably be resolved. If not, please move on to the next fix.
Solution 3. Check the Firewall and Allow Spotify Running
People are more likely to install the antivirus programs to safeguard the privacy information of the PCs. Nevertheless, the built firewall of these antivirus programs may be too protective, and they may exactly be the reason causing the Spotify not responding error. To bypass the firewall and get the issue fixed correctly, please follow the procedures below to remove Spotify from the firewall against list.
- Search for Windows Security in the search box provided by Windows.
- Turn to Virus & threat protection >> Virus & threat protection settings and tap the Manage Settings option.
- Scroll down to Exclusions >> Add or remove exclusions to open a new dialogue.
- Select Add an exclusion >> Folder to select Spotify Music for adding to the exclusion list.
When this process completes, relaunch Spotify program on PC to check if it could run smoothly now.
Solution 4. Force Quit Spotify in Task Manager
When Spotify stops responding on PC, it may happen because of the PC resources are overwhelmingly taking over the system. Therefore, directly force quitting and shutting the program down is recommended. You get two ways to do it on Windows and Mac respectively, and the manipulation are both introduced in the following.
Remove Spotify Process on Windows Using Task Manager
- Directly open the Task Manager on Windows by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on keyboard.
- Find Spotify, then select it and click on the End Task button.
- Reopen Spotify again for seeing if it words normally again.
Completely Close Spotify on Mac Using Activity Monitor
- Open the Activity Monitor using the Command + Space keys to search for it.
- Find Spotify from the list. Select it and tap the X icon to stop running the program.
- Relaunch Spotify on Mac to see if it could respond as usual now.
Solution 5. Uninstall and Reinstall Your Spotify App
Reinstalling Spotify app could resolve the errors happened suddenly as you make the reinstalled Spotify app clean again. Now, simply walk through the manipulation to reinstall Spotify on Windows/Mac to resolve the Spotify not responding issue.
- Press the Windows menu from the lower left.
- Scroll the app list to access Spotify. Right-click on the icon and select to Uninstall it.
- Utilize Windows key+E to open File Explorer and head to the following folder path:
- Delete Spotify folder completely.
- Now, reinstall Spotify on Windows again to fix the Spotify app not responding error.
- Access Spotify in Launcheror utilizing Finder to quickly find it.
- Right-click on the icon and confirm to Move to Trash.
- Launch App Store on Mac to reinstall Spotify app now.
When you have toggled on the Hardware Acceleration on computers, the feature would turn down many unnecessary programs running to speed up the device performance. Therefore, the Spotify not responding issue may result from this. By turning it off again could easily resolve the problem. Let's see how.
- Launch Spotify, then in the window, press Alt.
- Head to File >> View >> Hardware Acceleration.
- Uncheck the option to turn it off, then relaunch Spotify to see if the app could run well now.
- Launch Spotify and click on the Spotify icon on the top screen menu.
- Directly disable Hardware Acceleration and reopen the app.
Bonus Tip: Download Spotify Music to Avoid Spotify Not Responding
Step 1. Install and Open MuConvert Spotify Music Converter
When you have installed MuConvert Spotify Music Converter, open the software and enter the in-built Spotify Web Player to sign in your account. Then you can use the search function to find any Spotify songs or playlists you want to download offline.
Step 2. Download Spotify Songs or Playlists
After finding the songs or playlists you are going to download, directly drag them to the "+" icon and MuConvert Spotify Music Converter will directly analyze them for you.
Step 3. Select Output Format to Download Spotify Music
From the "Convert all files to" menu, you can select an output format to save the downloaded Spotify songs. MuConvert allow you download Spotify songs to MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC. Just choose the format you need from the menu.
If you go to "Preferences" in the settings menu, you can also adjust the SampleRate and Bitrate under the "Advanced" tab.
Step 4. Directly Download Spotify Songs Offline
Finally, directly press the "Convert All" button and start downloading the Spotify songs offline. After finishing the download process, you can find them and transfer to any devices for playback without network connection anymore.
It is frustrated to meet the Spotify app not responding while you wish to enjoy the music streaming journey on your computers to color up the tedious life. Now, take this solution list and follow the guidance to get it solved easily. You could definitely solve the problem with any method introduced here.