How to Share Spotify Premium with Family & Friends
Spotify's sharing feature is not limited to resource sharing - it even allows users to share the premium subscription with friends or family, allowing a group of people to enjoy the advanced music streaming service on an economical path.
Generally, Spotify Premium for Family is the direct and cost-effective way to include an entire family group to access the Spotify Premium features by tying the accounts into the same subscription plan. Today, the post will dive deeply into the details on how to share Spotify Premium with family and friends, and two more ways to share the premium features without Spotify Premium. Please scroll down and read.
Part 1. How to Share Spotify Premium with Family
To deliver convenient music streaming services for families, Spotify officially launched the Spotify Premium Plan for Family, enabling up to 6 accounts bundled with one premium subscription to access the advanced music streaming features. Therefore, once you subscribe to Spotify Premium for Family, you can directly add the family members acting as the subscription owner. Here will guide you on how to manipulate it.
1. Only the accounts located at the same address as the owner can be bundled to the subscribed Spotify Premium Plan for Family and access the premium features.
2. When you leave the family plan, you are not allowed to participate in other Spotify Premium Plans for Family within 12 months from the date you leave.
Step 1. Start a Premium For Family Plan
First, you ought to access Spotify official and complete the billing to subscribe to Spotify Premium for Family. Both from the official website or within the Spotify app can you confirm subscribing to the premium plan within clicks.
Please note that the Spotify Premium subscription will be renewed on a monthly basis.
Step 2. Add a Family Member
Once your Spotify Premium for Family subscription is activated, you can prepare to add a family member now. Please follow the procedures below to get it completed (only the owner of the family plan can invite others to join the Spotify Premium Family plan):
1. Open Spotify. Then tap Settings >> Account.
2. Select Premium Family >> Add to Spotify Family subscription.
3. When selecting the Invite to Spotify Premium subscription option, a link will be generated.
4. Copy the link and share it with the family members you want to add to the subscription plan. Once he/she clicks the link and confirms the invitation, the account adding process is completed.
Step 3. Remove a Member(Optional)
The owner of the Spotify Premium for Family subscription also enjoys the right to cancel anyone's access to the premium plan as they wish. When you need to remove a member from your Spotify Family plan, simply follow the manipulation below to complete:
1. Please turn to your account page in Spotify platform.
2. Tap to Manage the family accounts of the Premium Family subscription.
3. Access the member you wish to remove, and select it to complete the account removal.
Step 4. Accept Invitation
For those who are not the owners of the Spotify Premium for Family plan but just waiting for the invitation, when you receive the invitation link, please click on it to accept. You will be required to log in your Spotify account to receive the invitation. If you don't have an account yet, please sign up first.
Once confirming your address, you are added to the Spotify Premium Family plan and are now available to stream Spotify Music with the premium features!
If you open the link but it turns out to be expired, please try reopening it with the incognito mode of the web browser. If the link still fails to work, you ought to contact the subscription owner to send you a new invitation to join the family premium subscription plan.
Part 2. How to Share Spotify Premium with Friends
If you would like to share Spotify Premium with any one of your friends replacing bundling up to 6 accounts utilizing Spotify Premium for Family, the Premium Duo subscription is more convenient for you. Spotify Premium Duo is a discount plan released by Spotify officials to enable 2 Spotify users to share the Premium subscription together.
To start a Spotify Premium Duo plan or join one, only the following procedures require to be followed:
1. For the Spotify free accounts, please handle the payment and confirm the bill for the Spotify Premium Duo plan first.
2. Set up the address to activate the sharing feature.
3. Create a link and send it to invite your friend who you would like to share Spotify Premium with.
For those who receive the invitation link, simply log in the Spotify account and open the link to accept the invitation. Like the regulation for participating in Spotify Premium for Family, users are only allowed to switch to the Premium Duo plan once a year.
Part 3. Bonus Tip: How to Share Spotify Music Without Premium
The introduced methods above are concentrated on guiding those who have subscribed to Spotify Premium Duo or Family Plan on how to share Spotify Premium with family or friends. As an additional bonus, here further offers a way that is workable to share Spotify Premium even without a premium subscription, which is utilizing MuConvert Spotify Music Converter.
MuConvert Spotify Music Converter enables all users to access the Spotify Premium features without bundling accounts or subscribing to Spotify Premium plans at all. Its outstanding performance allows free users to log in for accessing the official Spotify Web Player and browse the music database to download any Spotify content as they wish. Moreover, it offers multiple popular encoders to export downloaded Spotify songs for streaming regardless of Spotify's restrictions. Meanwhile, by retaining the best quality (320Kbps) to output the songs, people can have the same Spotify songs playback experience after processing the download offline.
In general, MuConvert Spotify Music Converter's success and popularity can be attributed to the following aspects:
- Easy drag-and-drop music download - with the embedded Spotify Web Player, the songs download can be proceeded through the simple drag-and-drop path, letting people to save their favorite Spotify songs offline in a time-saving way.
- 5X faster batch download method - to facilitate higher productivity, the program can function to speed up the batch music download to 5X faster swiftly.
- Customized export settings available - to ensure the perfect music streaming experience offline, the program allows people to freely adjust the popular encoders, SampleRate, and Bitrate to export Spotify songs in preferences.
- Instant download latest Spotify releases - by connecting to the Spotify Web Player, people can instantly access the latest releases on Spotify and process the music download in no time.
- Retain ID information with the songs - it is also workable to retain the full ID3 tags for each Spotify song while processing the music download, in that people can place the songs in order after downloading bulky playlists offline.
Now, take one more minute to master the manipulation on how to utilize MuConvert Spotify Music Converter to download high-quality Spotify songs just like a Spotity Premium user:
Step 1. Log in Spotify Web Player
First, complete installing MuConvert Spotify Music Converter on your computer. Subsequently, please run the program and enter the main feed of the Spotify Web Player to log in utilizing your Spotify account.
Step 2. Add Spotify Songs to Convert
Once login, please browse the music database and search for the Spotify songs you wish to download. Simply by dragging them to the Add button and MuConvert Spotify Music Converter will resolve the music conversion for you.
Step 3. Determine Output Parameters
Please turn to Menu >> Preferences to adjust the output parameters now. You can personalize the Format, SampleRate, and Bitrate in preferences to determine the quality of exporting Spotify songs.
Step 4. Proceed Downloading Spotify Songs Without Premium
Eventually, tap the Convert All button to initiate the Spotify songs download process in no time. Please wait for a moment till MuConvert Spotify Music Converter completes the conversion. Subsequently, you can access the downloaded Spotify songs offline under Finished module by clicking on the View Output File button.
If you are the owner of Spotify Premium for Family or Spotify Premium Duo, you can generate a link to share Spotify Premium with family or friends freely as you want. But for those who are not premium users, MuConvert Spotify Music Converter would be another option to access all premium features like downloading Spotify songs for offline streaming. Enjoy!